We are looking for C# .NET developers to join our client’s team in their Manchester City Centre office. They are building an enterprise level gaming platform and are expanding their team of experienced developers who already have a good commercial grounding in development.
- You could be a junior looking to expand your skills, or a mid-level developer, looking to move up a gear on a complex and large-scale platform. Working alongside their developers at all levels with a wide variety of tech, you’ll be helping our client deliver a complex product into an interesting and challenging market.
- This role will be working with gambling side of their business. They are creating an app for a well-known gambling site which will be released in Oct so they are needing help with this.
- You will be responsible for implementing sections of functionality, or making updates to existing features, ensuring they are delivered on time with the correct approach and to the standards defined by the development leads.
- Tech stack includes some of the latest design patterns and tools as well as established tech that needs additional features building on. For example, SQL, NoSQL, caching services, messaging services, C# Windows Services, WebAPI, WCF, WPF, Winforms, Microsoft Orleans… all used to build a platform that has integration to internal and external services.
Who we are looking for:
- Commercial experience in .NET with C#
- Experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Demonstrable experience of building Web Services, WebAPI and WCF
- Database experience, schema design and SQL with MySQL
- NoSQL experience also beneficial, as is any knowledge of MS Orleans.
- Any history working with WinForms/WPF is extremely useful
- Expertise in performance optimization
- Experience of Unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict TDD.
- Source Control, must be confident using Git for all roles
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban environment
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- Experience taking ownership of a system or sub-system is an advantage
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Employee of the month
- Monthly team lunches
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Health cash plan
- City Centre office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles