Our client is seeking a Java Developer to develop systems that meet the continuing needs of the company. They are looking for someone with previous experience in Java and who has worked as a part of a development team of at least 6. If this sounds like you, then keep on reading.
Click here to Apply Now
- Application support responsibilities
- Provide 2 nd & 3 rd line support for all internal systems within the group that the development team have created with the exception of legacy Visual Basic applications.
- Work to resolve “Crisis situations” to their satisfactory conclusion.
- Work as a member of the Development Team designing and writing programs.
- Interpret business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Perform coding to technical specifications, whilst following coding standards.
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create and implement unit and integration tests.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- All technical aspects of design, construction and unit testing of programs developed by the team.
- During the life cycle of programs and systems, ensure that the necessary change control procedures are followed.
- Share skills and successful methods of working with other team members.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software packages.
- Degree in IT, Science or Maths.
- Good attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working hours: 8.30 – 5
- 20 days Holiday, increasing by 1 each year until max 25 plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme 5% employer 4% employee
- Discretionary Christmas Bonus
- Childcare Voucher scheme (currently under review)
- Free Parking
- Life Insurance 4X annual salary
- 37.5 Hours per week